Saturday, March 22, 2014

wrong


What what? ^

If you really ask me, I think people glamorize marriage so much that everyone has the wrong perception of it. For me, I think if your in a relationship for 5+ years or even 7+ years. I'ts OKAY. Love takes time..and with time comes progress. I really hate the idea of people putting a label on certain things and assuming because your not married by a certain time, your not worthy of a "title". People strive "titles" too much. Quotes like these baffle me because it's a prime example of how much pressure society puts.

Yes, one day I would like to get married. I would want the flowers, the wedding, the dress, my soon to be husband smiling at me with amazement as I walk down the aisle, yada yada. But before any of that, I need to build a relationship with my significant that can create an empire. There's more to marriage than what you see in television and the way society perceives it... Way more.  I personally believe that it's nice when your married to actually get a ring AFTER. Just for the simple fact that marriage is the time where it REALLY shows who you are for the person and what you stand for. Anyways, I would like to take as much time as I need to build myself and work on myself through a relationship so I can be a good wife in the future. There's no rush. I would need to work on myself financially, emotionally, and mentally before entering a pact of marriage. With that being said, I don't think there's a limit as to when you should get married. I also do not believe that time with someone determines your "eligibility" to be a wife. To each is own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

qave a damn.